In conjunction with my PhD work, I am working towards the following publication in 2024
Marketing For Wineries & Vineyards
This will be a comprehensive marketing manual / handbook specifically for the wine industry. It will feature, history and case studies of the main marketing considerations for wine, a practical guide covering the key topics and challenges for a marketing team, how to’s with do’s and don’ts and best practise examples, and an overview of the key business models and frameworks that a winery need to be familiar with.
As this work progresses, I will be publishing summaries and extracts that vineyards can download for free and use to improve their marketing. The first of these will be “wine labelling and why it matters”.
- Core elements of the main publication will include
- Marketing audits and how to use them to create better distribution strategies for wines
- Creating your brand – Story telling, provenance, terroir and how to find your true point of difference and stand out
- Building your brand – Moments, how to find the right moment for your wine and make it resonate with consumers. How to engage your audience through marketing and social media
- Wine labelling and why it matters
- Trade Marketing – How to appraise routes to market and the marketing support required for each one
- Key metrics and how to appraise the effectiveness of your marketing strategy
- How to encourage repeat purchase and forge deeper longer lasting relationships with consumers